End Remastered changes the process for reaching the End. Now, there’s 12 different Ender Eyes which need to be collected. These can be found in different structures, and from defeating different mobs in Minecraft.
This is one of many of our Mod Wikis, here at Minecraft Guides. If you're interesting in finding out about more of Minecraft's Best Mods, then check out our dedicated section! We allow you to sort by Forge, Fabric, Minecraft Version and Genre!
In Vanilla Minecraft, you only need to collect 12 Ender Eyes to reach the End and complete the game. Sadly, that process is too easy, and doesn’t encourage adventure or risk. That’s where End Remastered comes in.
Now, there’s 12 new Ender Eyes, which all have their own methods of obtaining them. Each one will then need to be placed inside the Ender Frames to open the Portal to the End Dimension.
When right clicking with these Eyes, they will locate the new End Gate structure provided by the mod. But be careful, these can break, like with Vanilla Ender Eyes.
Each Eye comes with its own bit of lore. Some require looting structures, and some will require killing some different mobs or bosses. You can read about each Eye below:
- Old Eye – Found in Desert Pyramids: Legends say this Eye once belonged to one of the great Sandworms.
- Nether Eye – Found in Nether Fortresses: It was lost by a Demon in the battle between the Aether and the Nether.
- Cold Eye – Found in Igloos: One of the last artifacts left behind by the Iceologers before they all suddenly vanished from the world.
- Rogue Eye – Found in Jungle Pyramids: This eye is believed to have given our ancestors the knowledge of Redstone.
- Black Eye – Found in Buried Chests: Pirates say it gave sight to the legendary Black Pearl.
- Magical Eye – Dropped by Evokers: Without this Eye, the Evoker has no power.
- Lost Eye – Found in Mineshafts: It is told that it was forged by the first blacksmiths of time.
- Corrupted Eye – Found in Pillager Outposts: The eye of a greedy King faded in solitude. Legend says it will bring infinite fortune to its owner.
- Wither Eye – Dropped by The Wither: Has witnessed destruction. Maybe it also witnessed your stuff disappear.
- Guardian Eye – Get it by Killing Elder Guardian: It has seen many warriors drown into the depths of the sea.
- End Crystal Eye – Get it by crafting it using the End Crystal Fragment, a new ore: It is believed to hold a fragment of the Ender Dragon Soul.
- Witch Eye – Found in the Custom Witch Huts: This pupil is believed to have seen the ancient brewing recipes that were lost to time.
A huge new structure included with End Remastered is the End Castle. It can’t be found with these new Eyes. Instead, you’ll need to obtain a map, which can be traded from a Cartographer.
The area is huge, and there’s plenty of loot to find and rooms to explore inside the End Castle. You might come across Libraries, Dining Rooms, Corridors, Temples and more. Eventually, you can come across the End Portal Room, which has the Frame.
It’s not completely safe either, as Pillagers can be found roaming the Castle with Crossbows. So if you do come to this structure, bring plenty of food, and a Backpack if you have one.
Another structure is the End Gate. It’s a replacement to Strongholds, and can be found by right clicking some of the new Eyes, with them pointing you in the right direction. Though they do have a chance of breaking too.
As you enter the End Gate, you’ll find some different puzzles, which are randomly generated. 3 of these puzzles will spawn, which need to be completed before granting access to the End Gate.
Once you reach the End Gate Portal Room, you can find the Ancient Portal Frame in the center of the room. There’s a Spawner too, which should be destroyed. After placing each of the 12 Eyes in the Frames, you can visit the End.
Ancient Witch Hut
Another new structure included is the Ancient Witch Hut. You have the best chance of finding these by searching through Minecrafts Swamp Biomes.
This structure is where you’ll find the Witch Eye, one of the Eyes required to open the End Portal. There’s a few different variants to the Ancient Witch Hut, with it sometimes being destroyed.
End Crystal Ore can be found in the Nether, and it blends in with Basalt. You’ll need to mine this to obtain End Crystal Fragments, which are used alongside the Eye of Ender to create the End Crystal Eye.
Combining 4 End Crystal Fragments with 4 Iron Ingots and a Ghast Tear will allow you to create an End Crystal Ingot. Use these inside a Smithing Table to upgrade Diamond Tools & Armor into End Crystal items instead.
When wearing End Crystal equipment, making a critical attack will give the Regeneration II effect for a short duration, making it quite powerful.
End Remastered Mod Download
The links above will take you to the CurseForge page for the End Remastered Mod. It’s recommended to only download mods from CurseForge, as they are vetted to ensure that they’re safe, and you’re also supporting mod developers.
How to InstallIf you haven't already, make sure to install Forge, or install Fabric for Minecraft. It's a simple process and takes just a few minutes. Once your mod loader is installed:
- Download the mod for your Minecraft Version. It will be a .JAR file.
- Take this file, and place it in the 'mods' folder of your Minecraft directory. If this folder doesn't exist, create it. The easiest way to access your Minecraft directory is opening the game, going to Resource Packs and pressing the 'Open Resource Pack Folder' button.
- Once it's inside the mods folder, run Minecraft with the Forge or Fabric preset selected. The mod will be installed and can be played with in-game.