Scuba Gear adds a full set of armor into Minecraft, with each piece needing to be obtained. As they’re equipped, a new ability will be unlocked which benefits mostly when doing tasks underwater.
This is one of many of our Mod Wikis, here at Minecraft Guides. If you're interesting in finding out about more of Minecraft's Best Mods, then check out our dedicated section! We allow you to sort by Forge, Fabric, Minecraft Version and Genre!
Scuba Gear Items
Like all armor sets, there are 4 obtainable pieces when it comes to Scuba Gear. These are the Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings, and Boots. That’s all 4 items included with the mod too, no special tools or weapons are included.
Each item will provide an ability when equipped. All of the abilities are designed to provide bonuses when underwater, and will even allow you to survive permanently. The effects are as follows:
- Helmet: Grants the Water Breathing Effect permanently. No more Potions of Water Breathing are required, you can now survive easily.
- Chestplate: Allows the player to mine at normal speeds underwater. Normally, breaking blocks is much slower underwater, but the Chestplate remedies that. It should help with digging out an underwater base.
- Leggings: Gives the wearer an increased speed when swimming. This doesn’t have any effects on the surface or general walking speed underwater.
- Boots: Instead, wear the Boots to walk faster on the ocean floor. Alternatively, this doesn’t affect swimming speed.
It’s also worth noting that wearing a full set of Scuba Gear provides a bonus. With the full set equipped, wearers will be granted Fire Resistance. Although this damages the armor instead of the player.
Stats-wise, it’s mostly similar to Iron. It has the same durability, enchantability, and protection stats. Likewise, you can use Iron Ingots to repair Scuba Gear in an Anvil or Crafting Table.
Obtaining Scuba Gear
The armor pieces included with Scuba Gear don’t have crafting recipes. Instead, they need to be obtained from Drowned, a hostile mob in Minecraft.
Drowned are relatively similar to Zombies, but are the ocean variant. They spawn at low light levels, so search the oceans at night. A good idea would be to look for an Ocean Ruin, as these often house multiple Drowned. The command /locate ocean_ruin can be used to find the nearest Ocean Ruin.
With the mod installed, Drowned now have a chance of spawning with Scuba Gear equipped. Sometimes you’ll find a full set, and sometimes just individual pieces. Killing the Drowned will give you that item.
Most of the time, the Scuba Gear will be damaged. It’s a good idea to repair it using Iron Ingots as soon as possible. When you’re not wearing it, store it on an item frame for decoration.
Scuba Gear Mod Download
The links above will take you to the CurseForge page for the Scuba Gear Mod. Specifically, they direct you to the download for your chosen version of Minecraft. Learn more about why you should only download files from CurseForge.
How to InstallIf you haven't already, make sure to install Forge for Minecraft. It's a simple process and takes just a few minutes. Once Forge is installed:
- Download the mod for your Minecraft Version. It will be a .JAR file.
- Take this file, and place it in the 'mods' folder of your Minecraft directory. If this folder doesn't exist, create it. The easiest way to access your Minecraft directory is opening the game, going to Resource Packs and pressing the 'Open Resource Pack Folder' button.
- Once it's inside the mods folder, run Minecraft with the Forge preset selected. The mod will be installed and can be played with in-game.