Inventory Pets are small animated creatures that sit in the players inventory. As they do, they’ll provide bonuses and buffs to the player, which can massively impact gameplay.
This is one of many of our Mod Wikis, here at Minecraft Guides. If you're interesting in finding out about more of Minecraft's Best Mods, then check out our dedicated section! We allow you to sort by Forge, Fabric, Minecraft Version and Genre!
About Inventory Pets
Inventory Pets are new items, which there are over 60 of. You can find them inside of Chests mostly, specifically in locations provided by the mod.
There’s Dungeons that can be found in some locations. Try searching for the Nether Dungeon, Sea Cave, Sky Dungeon, Space Dungeon among a few other locations. They’re guarded locations, but the Chests will contain Inventory Pets.
However, there are crafting recipes too for each Inventory Pet. Therefor, it’s definitely worth installing Just Enough Items, so you can see the recipe of each pet.
When using the ability of an Inventory Pets, its durability will decrease. Once it reaches 0, it will no longer work. You’ll need to place that specific Pets favorite food in your inventory, and then it will be usable again. Hover over each Pet to see their abilities and favorite food, or read below.
List of Pets
- Blaze Pet: Strength Boost & Fire Damage on Attacks. Quartz is its favorite food.
- Creeper Pet: Can cause an explosion on right click, and makes the player immune to explosions. Favorite food is Gunpowder.
- Enderman Pet: Teleport by right-clicking. If the players health is low, they’ll automatically be teleported to safety. Favorite food is Obsidian Nuggets.
- Ghast Pet: Shoot Fireballs with the right mouse button. Favorite food is Blaze Powder.
- Iron Golem Pet: Receive Damage Absorption when right clicking. Will occasionally give the player Poppies, which can be toggled. Favorite food is Iron Nuggets.
- Magma Cube Pet: Provides Fire Resistance, allows players to walk on Lava, or sink by right clicking. Favorite food is Nether Quartz.
- Snow Golem Pet: Gives Knockback effect, and will occasionally give Snowballs to the player which can be toggled on or off. Favorite food is Pumpkin.
- Spider Pet: Gives a jump boost to the player, and they can climb walls by walking against them. Hold sneak to hang onto the wall. Spiders will often give String to the player, which can be toggled. Favorite food is Raw Meat.
- Chicken Pet: Provides a movement speed boost, and will often give Eggs to the player. Favorite food is Wheat Seeds.
- Cow Pet: Removes negative Potion Effects, and fills any Empty Buckets with Milk. Favorite food is Wheat.
- Mooshroom Pet: When right clicking, apply the Bonemeal Effect to an area. Will also fill any empty Bowls with Mushroom Stew. Favorite food is Red Mushrooms.
- Ocelot Pet: Gives Night Vision to players, will scare away any nearby Creepers and also catch Fish from nearby water. Favorite food is Cooked Cod.
- Pig Pet: Provides bonus Hunger Saturation, and allows you to eat Poisonous Foods. Often, Pigs will provide Porkchops. Favorite food is Carrots.
- Sheep Pet: Players will have the Slow Falling effect, and will periodically add Wool to the players inventory. Favorite food is Wheat.
- Squid Pet: Gives Water Breathing, as well as improved vision when underwater. Players will also be able to swim faster. Favorite food is Raw Cod.
- Anvil Pet: Items in the players inventory will slowly be repaired over time. You can also summon an Anvil by right clicking. Favorite food is Iron Nuggets.
- Bed Pet: Sleep anywhere by right clicking. Or summon a Bed by sneaking and right clicking. Favorite food is White Wool.
- Brewing Stand Pet: Right click to brew a random Potion. Favorite food is Nether Warts.
- Crafting Table Pet: Press right click to open the crafting window. Favorite food is Planks.
- Enchanting Table Pet: Right click to open the Enchanting window. Favorite food is Lapis Nuggets.
- Ender Chest Pet: When inside the inventory, you can open your Ender Chest at anytime by right clicking. Favorite food is Ender Nuggets.
- Furnace Pets: Right click to smelt the first smeltable item on the hotbar. Favorite food is Coal Nuggets.
- Jukebox Pet: By right clicking, you can play a Music Disc inside the inventory. By sneaking and right clicking, you can skip to the next Disc. Favorite food is Redstone Dust.
- Nether Portal Pet: Teleport between the Overworld and Nether by right clicking. Favorite food is Obsidian Nuggets or Nether Quartz.
- Saddle Pet: Ride a mob by interacting with it. Favorite food is Iron Nuggets.
- Banana Pet: Can be thrown at mobs or players to deal damage to them, and is then added back to the inventory. Favorite food is Glowstone Dust.
- Biome Pet: Able to search for a Biome by right clicking. Favorite food is Iron Nuggets.
- Flying Saddle Pet: Ride a mob with right click, and then hold jump to fly. Holding Left CTRL will cause you to float down. Favorite food is Diamond Nuggets.
- Grave Pet: After dying, the inventory will be restored. Favorite food is Bones.
- Lead Pet: Leash and tame a mob instantly. Favorite food is String.
- Loot Pet: Receive bonus drops from mobs and mining. Favorite food is Gold Nuggets.
- Meta Pet: Transform into a creature by right clicking.
- Mickerson: Gives Resistance. Favorite food is Diamond Nuggets.
- Pingot Pet: Find Ores or Dungeons by right clicking. Can also auto-extract the nearest ore. Favorite food is Diamond Nuggets.
- Purplicious Cow Pet: Provides Health Regenerations, and fills Empty Buckets with Lava. Favorite food is Diamond Nuggets.
- Quantum Crystal Monster Pet: Summon Minions by right clicking. Favorite food is Lapis Nuggets.
- Quiver Pet: Insta-shot kills which has a 30 second cooldown. If you run out of Arrows, the pet will provide you with some. Favorite food is Feathers.
- Sponge Pet: Able to absorb and place water by right clicking. You can also walk on Water with it in your inventory. Favorite food is Lily Pads.
- Cobblestone Pet: Turn Dirt into Cobblestone, and receive bonus buffs when standing on Cobblestone. Favorite food is Dirt.
- Dirt Pet: Turns Cobblestone into Dirt, and receive bonus buffs when standing on Dirt. Favorite food is Cobblestone.
- Juggernaut Pet: Receive the invulnerability effect for 1 minute, and weaken enemies. Favorite food is Obsidian Nuggets.
- Illuminati Pet: Spawn a random item by right clicking. Sneak and right click to receive the invisibility effect. Favorite food is Emerald Nuggets.
- Siamese Pet: Brings random gifts to the player, and scares away Zombies. Sneak and right click to summon a Companion. Favorite food is Cooked Chicken.
- Apple Pet: Can be thrown and spammed by right clicking. Favorite food is Gold Ingots.
- Cheetah Pet: Gives Haste and a Super Speed Boost. Favorite food is Raw Meat.
- House Pet: Teleport back to your home point by right clicking, which can be set by sneaking and right clicking. Favorite food is Ender Nuggets.
- Pac-Man Pet: Automatically eats food when you’re hungry, and can be activated for a damage boost. Favorite food is Cookies.
- Pixie Pet: Provides double XP at all times. Favorite food is Emerald Nuggets.
- Silverfish Pet: Makes you immune to suffocating, and gives the option to walk through walls. Favorite food is Cobblestone.
- Torch Pet: Place Torches by right clicking. Or sneak and right click to set a block on fire. Favorite food is Coal Nuggets.
- Wolf Pet: Summon or dismiss a Wolf with right click. Toggle Wolf Alarm by sneaking and right clicking. Favorite food is Bones.
- Dubstep Pet: Emit a sound blast with right click. Favorite food is Note Blocks.
- Heart Pet: When activated, gives regeneration to a group of players. Favorite food is Red Tulips.
- Moon Pet: Reverses gravity of mobs and items with right click. Favorite food is Emerald Nuggets.
- Shield Pet: Gives Resistance to a group of players. Favorite food is Iron Nuggets.
- April Fool Pet: Spawn the Foolishness. Favorite food is Tripwires.
- Christmas Pet: Give a gift by right clicking.
- Hanukkah Pet: Give a gift by right clicking.
- Kwanzaa Pet: Give a gift by right clicking.
- Politically Correct Pet: Give a gift by right clicking.
- Black Hole Pet: Slow time with right click. Toggle to attract items, like a magnet. Favorite food is Obsidian Nuggets.
- Cloud Pet: Gain Fast Flight by jumping, and float by sneaking. Right click causes a lightning strike. Favorite food is Nether Quartz.
- Pufferfish Pet: Attacks deal Poison damage. Right click causes a Venom Blast. Favorite food is Glowstone Dust.
- Slime Pet: Saves you from some deaths, and gives Slimeballs over time. Favorite food is Golden Apples.
- Sun Pet: Prevents nearby mob spawners. Right clicking sends mobs into Fiery Orbit. Favorite food is Gold Ingots.
- Wither Pet: Damage dealt heals you instead, and you’re immune to the Wither Effect. Right clicking fires Wither Skulls. Favorite food is Soul Sand.
Inventory Pets Mod Download
The links above will take you to the CurseForge page for the Inventory Pets Mod. It’s recommended to only download mods from CurseForge, as they are vetted to ensure that they’re safe, and you’re also supporting mod developers.
How to InstallIf you haven't already, make sure to install Forge for Minecraft. It's a simple process and takes just a few minutes. Once Forge is installed:
- Download the mod for your Minecraft Version. It will be a .JAR file.
- Take this file, and place it in the 'mods' folder of your Minecraft directory. If this folder doesn't exist, create it. The easiest way to access your Minecraft directory is opening the game, going to Resource Packs and pressing the 'Open Resource Pack Folder' button.
- Once it's inside the mods folder, run Minecraft with the Forge preset selected. The mod will be installed and can be played with in-game.