Guns Without Roses adds some new weapons into the game, specifically Guns. These are inspired from games like Terraria, and the mod also features some different ammunition types and Enchantments to work alongside them.
This is one of many of our Mod Wikis, here at Minecraft Guides. If you're interesting in finding out about more of Minecraft's Best Mods, then check out our dedicated section! We allow you to sort by Forge, Fabric, Minecraft Version and Genre!
Currently, there’s 5 different Guns included with Guns and Roses. Most Guns have a short cooldown, and their projectiles aren’t affected by gravity. Don’t expect them to deal more damage than bows either.
The different guns are the Iron Gun, Gold Gun, Diamond Shotgun, Diamond Sniper and the Diamond Gatling. Of them all, the Gatling is the most powerful, with it acting like an Assault Rifle, having a high fire-rate. Whereas the Diamond Shotgun can fire a spread of bullets.
Included with the mod is 4 different Bullets. Though if you have Hanami installed, then there’s also Cherrounds available. The Bullets are as follows:
- Flint Bullets: Deal small amounts of damage, but the easiest to obtain.
- Iron Bullets: Though more expensive to craft, they deal more damage.
- Blaze Bullets: Does even more damage than Iron Bullets. Though they’ll also set any hit targets on fire.
- Maws of Gluttony: When having this item in your inventory, you’ll have unlimited ammunition. Although it uses your hunger as the cost.
Guns don’t need reloading, you only need ammo in your inventory. Each time a Bullet is fired, there’ll be a short cooldown on the gun before it will fire again. When holding a gun, use the right mouse button to fire.
Finally, 4 Enchantments are available. These don’t have crafting recipes. Instead, you have a chance of finding them as treasure loot, so search any chests you come across. They are as follows:
- Impact: Increases the damage of a gun.
- Bullseye: Increases the accuracy of a gun.
- Sleight of Hand: Gives a faster rate of fire, reducing the cooldown.
- Preserving: Each time a bullet is fired, have a chance of not using any ammunition.
Guns Without Roses Mod Download
The links above will take you to the CurseForge page for the Guns Without Roses Mod. It’s recommended to only download mods from CurseForge, as they are vetted to ensure that they’re safe, and you’re also supporting mod developers.
How to InstallIf you haven't already, make sure to install Forge for Minecraft. It's a simple process and takes just a few minutes. Once Forge is installed:
- Download the mod for your Minecraft Version. It will be a .JAR file.
- Take this file, and place it in the 'mods' folder of your Minecraft directory. If this folder doesn't exist, create it. The easiest way to access your Minecraft directory is opening the game, going to Resource Packs and pressing the 'Open Resource Pack Folder' button.
- Once it's inside the mods folder, run Minecraft with the Forge preset selected. The mod will be installed and can be played with in-game.