Chipped adds over 2000 new building blocks into Minecraft. These fall under multiple themes too, like Glass, Nature, Nether, Carpet and more. Obtaining these blocks can be done in an immersive way, without having to deal with all new recipes.
This is one of many of our Mod Wikis, here at Minecraft Guides. If you're interesting in finding out about more of Minecraft's Best Mods, then check out our dedicated section! We allow you to sort by Forge, Fabric, Minecraft Version and Genre!
All of the blocks provided by Chipped aren’t created inside a Crafting Table. Instead, they are created inside the new Workbenches provided by the mod, which there are 7 of currently.
The image above shows the recipe for each Workbench. They can all be crafted from vanilla materials. But I will also list the recipes below in a bullet point format, as some of the items shown are from Chipped already.
- Botanist’s Workbench: 3 Flower Pot, 2 Slabs (any), 1 Crafting Table, 2 Sticks.
- Glass Blower: 4 Logs (any), 1 Bricks, 1 Crafting Table, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Blast Furnace, 1 Glass (any).
- Carpenter’s Table: 1 Crafting Table, 1 Wood Axe, 1 Plank (any), 1 Iron Ingot, 3 Logs (any).
- Loom: 3 Sticks, 4 Logs (any), 1 Crafting Table, 1 Wool (any).
- Mason’s Table: 2 Iron Ingots, 1 Brick, 1 Crafting Table, 1 Clay Ball, 2 Logs (any).
- Alchemy Bench: 4 Slabs (any), 1 Enchanting Table, 1 Crafting Table, 1 Brewing Stand.
- Mechanist’s Workbench: 1 Redstone Torch, 1 Piston, 2 Slabs (any), 2 Logs (any), 1 TNT.
The best way to use Chipped is to install either Just Enough Items (Forge) or Roughly Enough Items (Fabric) alongside it. When viewing all the blocks, you can press R to see its recipe, which will show the Workbench it can be placed inside. Alternatively, press U when hovering over a Workbench to see the blocks it accepts.
Chipped Mod Download
The links above will take you to the CurseForge page for the Chipped Mod. It’s recommended to only download mods from CurseForge, as they are vetted to ensure that they’re safe, and you’re also supporting mod developers.
How to InstallIf you haven't already, make sure to install Forge, or install Fabric for Minecraft. It's a simple process and takes just a few minutes. Once your mod loader is installed:
- Download the mod for your Minecraft Version. It will be a .JAR file.
- Take this file, and place it in the 'mods' folder of your Minecraft directory. If this folder doesn't exist, create it. The easiest way to access your Minecraft directory is opening the game, going to Resource Packs and pressing the 'Open Resource Pack Folder' button.
- Once it's inside the mods folder, run Minecraft with the Forge or Fabric preset selected. The mod will be installed and can be played with in-game.